Pain Relief Injection Services
Northampton Medical Services can offer you a range of steroid (hydrocortisone / depo-medrone) injections if considered appropriate. Many people suffer from common conditions such as: -
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis),
- Golfer’s Elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Tendonitis of the wrist and other areas
- Policeman’s heel (Plantar fasciitis)
- Painful arc syndrome (supraspinatus tendonitis)
- Capsulitis of the shoulder
- Arthritis of the knees, ankles, shoulders and thumbs
- Bursitis e.g. of the elbow, Housemaids knee, Trochanteric Bursitis of the hip
- Trigger finger
- Chronic inflammation of ligaments
Carpal Tunnel Injection
Policeman's Heel (Plantar Fasciitis)
Injection for arthritis of the knee
These conditions can often be successfully treated by careful injections of steroid (hydrocortisone/depo-medrone) and local anaesthetic. Hydrocortisone is a powerful anti-inflammatory drug that can give great relief from these conditions where other measures such as painkillers and physiotherapy have failed. Your GP may already offer this service as part of the NHS, however many GPs do not provide such a service or only in a limited way.
Northampton Medical Services can provide a cost effective solution especially for those not medically insured or unwilling to wait for referral to a local Hospital. We would prefer that you are referred by your GP but this is not essential. An initial assessment appointment would be needed to determine whether you and your condition are suitable for injection. At this appointment the Doctor will take a medical history, examine you and discuss the procedure and your options. It is however important to note that not everyone is suitable for this procedure and the response to such injections can be variable. Side effects, although uncommon, can occur and we will fully discuss the advantages and potential side effects with you.
We aim to make a thorough assessment and ensure our patients have a full understanding of any procedure that we may undertake before proceeding. The Doctors at Northampton Medical Services have many years of experience with these injections and will be happy to answer your questions.
Our experienced Doctors can also offer other services including: -
- Aspiration and drainage of Bursae / Ganglions (with/without injection of cortisone)
- Aspiration and drainage of Hydrocoeles and Epididymal cysts